“There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live.”
There’s no bigger school than life and no greater teacher than curiosity/mistakes (Parle G’s advertisement says something similar but I prefer it in my words). Life not only grows on you but also helps you grow. Knowledge can be found even in the laziest of times, if only one remembers to switch on the fairy lights of their mind (subtle Harry Potter references). Here are 11 things that I am learning with each passing day.
- There was a time when I used to get bothered by the opinions of others. I either retaliated or sulked about it. Note To Self: People will always have something or the other to say about you, which might not sync with your reality. It’s better to not pay heed because the power lies in your reaction.
- Celebrating each and every milestone, no matter how small. Each and every decision that I have made has led me to where I am today. Learn the lessons, keep what resonates and bid adieu to the rest.
- My happiness lies in my hands. It always did. There is nothing wrong in moving away from toxic situations and maintaining healthy boundaries.
- It’s worthless to fret over issues that can be easily solved yet most of our precious time is spent over-thinking about such trifles.
- The world is nothing but a reflection of our thoughts. Change your thoughts and your world will change.
- Stay close to people who feel like sunshine and you will never have a glum day.
- Social media feeds are nothing but glazed, filtered and sweetened extracts of people’s life. Scroll and move on.
- I should not compare my chapter one to someone else’s chapter twenty. (Read it somewhere on Instagram.)
- My body is home to my soul and I should treat it with utmost respect instead of constantly struggling with it.
- Be willing to change. Accepting new ideas and thought processes makes one evolve as an individual. Going with the flow and rolling with the punches equals a happy-go-lucky attitude.
- The best habit that I have inculcated is gratitude. As we grow, we neglect the gazillions of things that we should truly be thankful about. The more thankful we are, the more reasons we have to be thankful about.