Amidst celebrations and cheer, it’s that time of the year again. 2018 has flown past me in full speed making me contemplate (too little too late) about the precious 365 days of my life. The year came with its own set of ebbs and flows, testing my limits and bringing out the best in me. As I step into 2019, here are 11 things that I plan to do.
1) Carrying forward my previous year’s resolution, I will try my best to read as much as I can.
Note To Self: You did a good job at keeping this resolution last year.
2) Eating clean and ditching junk. It’s neither good for health nor for the pocket.
P.S. Eating a bar of chocolate once in a while won’t harm.
3) I promise to let go of all the toxic thoughts. What doesn’t make me happy will be given no importance.
Note To Self: Kindly stop overthinking
4) Never look back, never. There will always be regrets in life but everything happens for a reason. I will learn from these mistakes and move ahead with my head held high.
P.S. Looking back while on the road is allowed.
5) People will come and go. Their opinions shouldn’t matters (it’s called two cents for a reason).
6) Take out time for those who matter. It’s the small things that make a difference, always remember. Expressing oneself is an art that not everyone can master.
Note To Self: Remember the joy in your grandfather’s voice when he called you upon receiving the letter you wrote to him. Heartfelt gestures, even if not grand, go a long way.
7) While making others happy, I won’t forget myself. My happiness will also be a priority. I will take out time to pursue activities that nurture my mind and soul.
Note To Self: There is nothing selfish about choosing your happiness.
8) I promise to focus on what I have rather than what I lack, 11:11.
9) Choose love over hate, kindness over meanness and friends over foes.
10) In 2019, I will listen to my intuition and be more attuned to my feelings. Nurturing creativity and self-love will be the motto.
11) Though driving gives me mini heart attacks (2018 and its lessons). I will try my best to drive in 2019.
Note To Self: Don’t worry, it’s just one of those resolutions which will never see the light of the day, written here just to complete the listicle.
Also Read: Here Comes 2019