Turning 24 is a weird feeling. On one hand, I don’t want to grow up while on the other, I know this is how it is supposed to be. My 23rd year was a roller-coaster that taught me quite a few lessons which I would never want to part with. Armed with these lessons and (more than a few) promises, I brace myself for the “24th Year”.
- I will maintain a journal to keep a tab on my thoughts. Toxic overthinking strictly prohibited.
- No junk food from now on (will try my best). Bye bye all things toxic.
- My precious eyes also need some TLC. I will avoid using gadgets before 9 a.m. and after 10:00 p.m.
- READ, READ and READ.
- Unclutter my stuff (this is the most difficult one).
- No matter how busy I am, I will try to spend some time out in the sun. Quality ME time is the motto.
- I will make a new good habit, like being calm and optimistic no matter what.
- Bid adieu to a bad habit, like overthinking.
- No point regretting the past and pondering over the future. Breathe, the present needs me more.
- Write letters to express love towards dear ones (tried and tested), old school ways are the best.
- Once in a while, just do NOTHING.
- Always greet people with a warm smile (and hug, if possible). Laugh like there is no tomorrow and make others laugh as well.
- Try out something new, like doodling or sketching.
- Say NO when needed.
- Forgive, forget and move on.
- It is always the little things in life that matter and appreciating these does wonders.
- Believe in magic for it to happen.
- I won’t be harsh on myself. Positive affirmations are the way to go. I will be kind and love myself unconditionally.
- Get out of repetitive cycles that fail to serve any purpose.
- Neither will I compare myself to others nor will I seek validation from the world.
- Celebrate milestones and work hard for more to come.
- I will believe in myself and be unapologetically me.
- Don’t forget to take out time for those who matter.
- The toughest part, to ensure that these promises see the light of the day.
Also Read: To The Child Within